Wednesday 31 July 2013

Make Up Look: Summer Dayz

The last day of July, already!? Can you believe it!?

I wanted I post a make up look at I have been frequenting this summer as my go to "day look", I like to think that it's very summery and love the ombré effect on the lid. In all honesty, I was not trying to do an ombré look, it just so happened that my day eye make up is also ombré, as well as pretty!


I love the pop of colour in this look, coral is such a huge colour for summer and can be seen in all trends; make up, nails and fashion. Usually, I go for a neutral eye and like to incorporate a bold colour on my lips to have some fun, but I wanted to push myself to use more colour in my eye makeup. I have been very attracted to coral these past couple summers, but now my obsession is at an all new high! I love to mix it in with neutrals and other trending colours like teal, yellow and blue.

I put together a whole look, with a blush in the same coral family, a peachy highlight and nude lips to keep it super wearable. I think the mix of colours are super flattering and can be worn by so many!



Lets get started with how I completed this look, all with step by step instruction and product list.




First, for all my make up looks, I make sure that my face is clean and moisturized. It's essential that I keep my skin hydrated under my makeup, so I will always apply face and eye cream first. Along with moisturizer, I always prep my skin for makeup by applying my favourite face and eye primers. For my face I used Benefit's "Porefessional" (so far, my all time favourite primer), and I used Urban Decay's "Eyeshadow Primer Potion" on my lids to make sure that the makeup I was about to put on would stay put.




After my face is primed and ready for makeup, I will apply my foundation. I am using my (favourite!) Dior Airflash Foundation in shade "300" and I blended that out with my Beauty Blender to even it out. Once my foundation was done, I set it with my MAC Studio Careblend Powder in "Gold-Go-Lightly" from their "Surf, baby!" LE Collection. While my face is setting and blending into my skin, I usually shape my eyebrows. I use a dark brown matte eyeshadow with a small angled brush to fill and shape my brows. To highlight my brow bone and correct any excess brow filling, I use a matte very pale pink shadow. (Both shadows that I use for my brows are from a Cargo palette that I have had for a while, I haven't posted photos or named colours because Cargo products are no longer available.)







    

Now on to the eyes, I love this look because it really is very simple - I only used 3 shadow colours! Super easy right? I always work from the brow-bone down, so I used Urban Decay's "Buck" matte eyeshadow from their Naked Palette, above the crease and also under my outer lash line. I connected the colour from under my outer lash line to the shadow on my above crease to make a large "Outer V". I made sure to really blend it out so it made a nice natural arc above my crease and smudged out under my outer lash line. Then I used MAC's "Free to Be" Matte eyeshadow from their "Liberty of London" LE Collection on the outer corner of my lid, making sure to really build the colour so its saturated and bright. I had then smudged out the shadow to the middle of my lid, so that the colour is not so intense and ready to blend with the colour I will apply to the inner lid and corner. I had also used this colour under my lash line, connecting it to the existing brown and blending. My last and final colour is MAC's Mylar eyeshadow (the one I have pictured is from an old palette that I found, but Mylar is on their permanent line. It has to be or I'll be so sad, it's my favourite whitish colour from them!), I applied it first to the inner corner of my eye and inner lid, and used the leftover colour in my brush to blend it into the coral colour in the middle of my lid. After my shadows were done, I applied a nude eyeliner on my waterline, and there - my lid was done! Easy, right? Right!






Once my eyes were done, I did some correction with concealer and I use Benefit's Boi-Ing Concealer in "Meduim". I always have to use concealer, especially on my dark under eye circles, and I feel that it really cleans up makeup to make it sharp and polished. After concealer, I applied my "Ripe for Love" Blush from MAC's Temperature Rising Collection (Haul & Review, click here) as its in the same family as the coral eyeshadow that I used on my lid. I used my new "Adored" Mineralize Skinfinish from MAC's Tropical Taboo Collection (Haul & Review, click here) to highlight my cheekbones and cupid's bow.



















Now, the last finishing touches for this look, and any look really, are lashes and lips! Before applying my lashes, I put on a couple coats of my MAC Pro Longlash Mascara in "Pitchblack" to my upper and lower lashes. For this look I used a pair of half lashes that I have had in my kit for a while now and are my favourite at the moment. They are no longer sold in stores or available to purchase, so I have to make sure I take good care of these babies! I used Duo Eyelash Adhesive (the best!) to apply my lashes on the outer corners. The last and final step, I used one of my favourite neutral lippies - MAC's "Mocha" Satin Lipstick from their "Surf, Baby!" LE Collection. I didn't use any lip-liners and just applied the lipstick to my clean lip.
















There you have it lovekatz, my summer go to day look. Hope you all like it and try it out for yourselves! I just love the pop of coral for summer and the neutral lip keep it sweet and simple enough to wear everyday. I hope that you lovelies will try this out and hope that you love it as much as I do! Remember that you don't have to use the exact colours I did to get this look, use what you already have to make variations depending on what you like and your skin tone. Don't forget to tag your summer go to looks on Twitter and Instagram, #makeupmasochist , I would love to see your favourite looks or recreations of this look!







For more information on the products I used, please visit it websites below:

www.maccosmetics.com
www.sephora.com
www.urbandecay.com
www.benefitcosmetics.com

I would love to know what you think in the comments box below or if you have any makeup requests or questions. For more makeup looks and inspiration, be sure to email subscribe to my blog (Top right corner) to get notified everytime I post! You can also follow my blog in Bloglovin' (Makeupmasochist) and for more photos and a glimpse into my daily life, follow me on Instagram (@fernonje). You can also email me makeupmasochist@gmail.com , I love hearing from you!

If only summer would never end...

xoxo
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great job on the eye make up; I would definitely say it screams summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Jessica! Glad that you like it and hope that you can try it out on yourself! Don't forget to tag me so I can see ;) Thanks for reading! <3

      Delete