Thursday 4 July 2013

Rave or Rant? - Dior Airflash Spray Foundation

This is going to be an absolute RAVE, let's just get that out there right now...


I was looking for a better and darker foundation for my summer make up routine and had gone into Sephora to find a BB or CC cream. I had heard a lot of good things about BB & CC creams and how lightweight they are, so I thought that it would be perfect for summer. Something light and easy and won't melt off with the summer heat.

I tried a few of the BB creams that I had heard and read reviews about, and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. I thought that the BB creams would feel like I'm not wearing foundation and moisturize my skin without leaving it looking oily. I was totally wrong, and to be frank - I don't even understand the huge BB craze. Everything I tried felt heavy and looked as if I was wearing foundation, which was the complete opposite of what I thought a BB cream should do. Feeling completely defeated, I was reminded about airbrush foundations and how they feel lightweight and have better coverage than a BB.

I kept browsing a bit and was drawn to the Dior display (as per usual! It's one of my favourite displays!) and saw that they had a line of airbrush foundations. Perfect! The associate at Sephora described Dior Airflash as a "fresh, spray foundation that stays put and applies excellent coverage" and I had to test it out to be sure. I sprayed some on myself and just used my fingers to blend and it was as if the God's were shining a light on me with the angels and harp singing in the background - I fell head over heels in love instantly! If it worked this well with me using my fingers and in store, imagine how it will look if I apply at home with my Beauty Blender or Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush!??!



I was so excited that I had to try it as soon as I got home! I like to try products at home, in different lighting and really test out the product to make sure it's as good as I thought at the store. It was better than when I tried it in store! The Beauty Blender smoothed it out beautifully without loosing the coverage, and it was so quick! I've literally cut my foundation application time in half with this product! Just spray, blend and go!


















Considering that its Dior, the price is pretty fair at $52 CAD, I have spent much more than that on mediocre foundations that don't do half of what this one does. For a spray foundation, the coverage really is incredible. It's also really great for my skin, doesn't dry it out and I have not had one breakout (or even 1 bad pimple!) since I have been using it. It's funny, because I think its actually helping the condition of my skin and doesn't cause my acne to flare up like other foundations. And you need minimal product to get your face fully covered! I've been using this for over a month and I still have a ton of product left, I haven't even used 1/4 of the bottle yet! It's a total score, especially for my wallet!





This will definitely become a staple in my make up routine, I don't even want to know or hear about other foundations, because I feel like I have found "the One". I am head over heels about this foundation and cannot say enough good things about it. I have been promoting this product to everyone I know and anyone who has asked me foundation advice. My clients love it too! They always tell me how they feel like they're not wearing any foundation and love how much it covers the imperfections making their skin look flawless in photos. It's so light and not cake-y, like some foundations, people will think that your skin is just naturally perfect!

Product Grade: A+

10/10 across the board for this one! Application, pigmentation, product, longevity, price, everything is outstanding! I recommend this product to anyone and everyone! Any skin type would really benefit from this formula and its safe for sensitive skin, as I am living proof. It doesn't make my T-zone oily and actually keeps it from looking oily all day! And the best part- no breakouts or flare ups! It's the best part because I don't have to worry about using more and more foundation to cover up the acne flare ups that was caused by my foundation like some other products!

Let me know if you have tried this foundation and your experience with it in the comments box below! This is just my opinion and experience with this foundation, I  would love to hear yours! If there's a product that you would like me to try and do a review on, please let me know in the comments box or email me (makeupmasochist@gmail.com).

If you enjoy reading about makeup or skincare reviews, please be sure to subscribe to my blog to get notified of when I post! As Google Reader is now obsolete, you can follow my blog on Bloglovin' (Makeupmasochist), its a great platform to keep up with all the blogs you follow in one place! For more daily posts, photos and videos, follow me on Instagram (@fernonje)!

Hi, I'm Ashley and I'm a Dior Addict...

xoxo
Ashley


1 comment: