Wednesday 28 August 2013

MAC Indulge Collection - Haul & Swatches

Hey beauties!

Fall is coming up fast and summer is slowly coming to an end (ugh!), no better way to bring in a new season than with one of MAC's newest and most gluttonous collections!


What's more indulgent than greedy golds, rich reds and decadent dark jewel tones? MAC's Indulge Collection is as enticing, as it is clever. They want us feed into our most primal urges and instincts, give in to temptation and indulge without fearing any ugly consequences. Looking at, and wearing this collection, you can't help but feel luxurious - and not even care who you offend!


This collection is well thought out with a good ratio of limited edition colours mixed in with a couple re-promoted and permanent colours - making it easy for their consumers to participate in the new collection and incorporate new colours along with some that might already be in ones collection. The rich, dark colours along with the more casual nudes make the collection inviting for all age groups and skin-tones. Even some of the product names make your mouth water, while the colours get your adrenaline pumping! A truly exciting collection for all us makeup (and MAC LE Collection) junkies!

Here's what I got from the collection:













Feed The Senses (Lustre) Lipstick - is a cool toned, creamy pinky nude with a mauve tint. Since its a Lustre, it does have a semi opaque finish, more on the sheer side and was very comfortable to wear. These finishes usually last about 3-4 hours on me without reapplying, and this one lasted just over 3 -and a half hours, but barely noticable for the last half hour. I was pleasantly surprised that it did not settle into liplines and the glossy sheen lasted for the majority of wear-time. I love this colour because of how different it looks on different skintones - some skintones will make this colour look more purple, where others it looks more nude - but beautiful for all!





Just A Bite (Satin) Lipstick - is a cool toned, medium-dark blue-red, with a "wet looking" sheen. Although the sheen did sheer out the colour a bit, the coverage was still mostly opaque with two swipes of colour across the lip. Although most Satin formula lipsticks last about 5-6 hours on me, this one lasted a little less the 5 hours with staining, which I chalk up to the sheen. I find this lipstick has much more sheen than most other Satin formula lipsticks that I have in my collection. It was very comfortable to wear. I love this darker red for fall, feels vampy perfect for all the vixens out there ;)!





Utterly Tart Lipglass - I chose this Lipglass because I do not have a dark, berry red lipgloss without any shimmer or sparkle, and love that this creamy gloss goes perfectly layered on my "Just A Bite" Lipstick!! This is a dark, rich, creamy, berry red with cool undertones and a glossy-wet finish. I usually choose lipstick over lipgloss, but this colour is just too gorgeous to pass up! It was one of the first items from the collection that was a sure-buy for me. I fell in love as soon as I saw it and it made me more excited for this collection and the dark, delicious colours!







Palace Pedigreed (Satin) Eyeshadow - originally, I thought that this was just another purple eyeshadow, very similar to MAC "Sketch" which I have and love, but when a colleague of mine used this to create a look on me, I knew I had to have it! This is a deep, dark purple/plum colour, with intense red undertones and a very (very!) subtle sheen. This colour is build-able to opaque, but might need a little more time to blend. This is one of the repromoted colours of the collection; it was released back in 2010 with their "Fabulous Felines" collection, but from what I have heard and read, it's much better than its predecessor. I love this colour for fall (and not just for eyes!)! ;)





Eat, Love (Satin) Eyeshadow - is a green tinted black with brown/neutral undertones, emerald green sparkle-shimmer and a very subtle satin sheen. I suspect that the reason I really loved this colour and Palace Pedigreed, is because they do look a little more Matte on the lid. I tend to gear towards Matte everything, but I do love the sparkle in this shadow. So pretty and perfect for fall! I do love that they're bringing one of the years best colours (if not the colour of the year) into fall, for those of us that have loved the emerald trend this spring.



 L-R: Feed The Senses, Blooming Lovely, Lavender Whip and Peachstock




 L-R: Just A Bite, Ruby Woo, Russian Red and Ronnie Red



L-R Palace Pedigreed and Eat, Love

That sums up what I got from this collection... For now... I would have picked up more pieces, but I was trying to stick to a budget. And to be honest, I've haven't been able to stop thinking about a few other products I left behind. It will be the ultimate test of my will next time I go into MAC, and I'm not sure if I'll make it out empty handed (the Creme Blushes are Gorgeous!!). There might be a part 2 to this haul, stay tuned!

All in all, MAC delivered a tastefully sinful collection that stimulates all the senses! The wide range and variety of colours is sure to please the masses, and when combined, they make a feast for the eyes. Sensual nudes, golds and pearls matched with the dark, sexy jewel tones, MAC couldn't have picked a better name for this collection - Indulge. Don't mind if I do! ;)


I love fall and this collection, but I would like to know your thoughts about this collection in the comments box below! Did you pick up any pieces, and how much are you loving them? I hope that this post was helpful in helping you decide, but its just my pics and opinion, I would love to hear yours! Don't forget to tag me on Instagram or Twitter with #Makeupmasochist so I can see your collection hauls ;).

For more information on the products mentioned and to purchase online, please visit the link below:

http://www.maccosmetics.ca

Don't forget that you can subscribe to my blog by inputting your email in the box on the top right corner, and you can also follow my blog on Bloglovin' (click on the icon on this page, or search my blog and follow!). For any suggestions or questions, drop me an email at makeupmasochist@gmail.com and be sure to follow me on Instagram (@fernonje) for more beauty and makeup posts!

The end?? ;)

xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment