Monday 30 September 2013

Makeup Look: Indulge

Hello lovelies!

Last day of September... Wow, Fall just got here and I feel like we are already half way through!!


I wanted to create a look for you guys using some of my favourite items from MAC's Indulge Limited edition Collection (to see what I got from this collection and swatches, click here), which would double as a great Fall look. What better way to welcome Fall than with this collection?

I loved the super luxe colours and feeling of this collection and I gathered inspiration from their marketing images. I love the mix of jewel tones with the gold and the head wraps - gave everything an expensive gypsy feel.



Now, I must point out that I am NOT trying to re-create one of he MAC 'Indulge' looks - I am simply making a look inspired by the collection and images. This is my interpretation and technique, might not necessarily be right, but it's how I create my art. Here's the breakdown by feature.


For my face:
As always, I start off with a clean, moisturized face. Makeup always looks best on a clean canvas. I primed my face with my Benefit Cosmetics 'Porefessional' face primer and primed my eyes with my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. Once my face was primed and prepped, I applied my Dior 'Airflash' Spray Foundation and blended that out with a damp Beauty Blender. When I had the coverage I wanted, I set my foundation with my MAC 'Flatter me' Pearlmatte Face Powder (Archie's Girls LE Collection). I contoured my face with my MAC 'Nude on Board' Bronzer (Temperature Rising LE Collection) and got ready for brows.




For my brows:
I always use a matte brown eyeshadow that I have had forever, a really good dupe for it is MAC 'Espresso' eyeshadow. I lined and filled my brows with the matte eyeshadow and a small hard-angled brush with a spool on the other end. I use the spool once I'm done filling to blend and make the brows look more natural. Once I have my shape that I want, I corrected any mishaps with my Benefit 'Boi-Ing' concealer in medium with a small concealer brush. I then highlighted my brows using MAC 'Orb' eyeshadow and an angled shader brush.









For my eyes:
I started with applying 'Naked' by Urban Decay on my crease and above my crease with a tapered blending brush. For the colour, I started with my inner and outer V, which I used a pencil brush to apply Urban Decay's 'Creep'. I also applied this on the outer corner under my lash line. Again, using a pencil brush, I applied MAC 'Palace Pedigree' (Indulge LE Collection) in the crease and outer lid, and blended that with a fluffy blending brush (224), and also under the lashline in the center. As my transition blending colour, I used MAC 'Haux' eyeshadow and blended that above the crease with my blending brush. I also applied some of this colour under the black and purple, under the bottom lash line. For the colour on my lid, I used MAC 'Vex' because I really like the pink pearl it has and I think it goes well with the purple shade.  For the inner corner, I went back to my Urban Decay Naked 1 palette and applied 'Half Baked' eyeshadow with a shader brush. As finishing touches - concealer pencil in the waterline, Clinique High Impact Mascara (2 coats) and Ardell's 'Demi Whispies' lashes.




For my cheeks:
I like to apply my concealer after I'm done my eye makeup, to clean up any messes before highlighting. I applied my Benefit 'Boi-Ing' concealer in medium, to my undereye circles, blemishes and anywhere else it was needed. Blush is next. I used my MAC 'Prim & Proper' Blush (Liberty of London LE Collection) with my Duo Fibre blush brush, and topped that off with my MAC 'Adored' Mineralize Skinfinsh highlighter.





For my lips:
I kept it nice and simple, just some primer - I used MAC Prep+Prime Lip, and then my MAC 'Feed the Senses' Lustre lipstick (Indulge LE Collection). That's it! I love this nude shade for fall, it's becoming an absolute favourite!


And there you have it! My Indulge look! Are we loving? I'm LOVING! These pictures don't do the makeup justice!







What did you pick up from the collection and will you try to recreate this look? Let me know what you think in the comments box below! What do you love or what would you change about this look? I would love to hear all your opinions and suggestions in the comments box below, or email me - makeupmasochist@gmail.com!

For more information on the products used and where to purchase, please visit the links below:

http://www.maccosmetics.ca
http://www.sephora.com
http://www.urbandecaycosmetics.com
http://www.benefitcosmetics.com

I will be posting more makeup looks and more often in the near future, so if you love makeup and want some inspiration, subscribe to my blog by inputting your email in the box at the top of this page! You can also follow my blog along with all your faves on Bloglovin'. Just click on the icon at the top or search my blog on Bloglovin' and follow! For more makeup photos and posts, be sure to follow me on Instagram (@fernonje) and tag me with #MakeupMasochist so I can see all your Indulge looks and goodies!

Happy October!!

xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment