Thursday 31 October 2013

RiRi Hearts MAC Fall 2013 Collection - Haul & Swatches


I know this might seem a little late, but I have a good reason as to why. I was still searching for two crucial pieces that I needed to have from this collection, or it would be a void in me that no other lipsticks can fill! I finally got 2 out of the 4 items that I didn't catch before they sold out online (I ordered the hour it came out online, and the 4 items I ABSOLUTELY had to have were sold out. It. was. crazy.), so I am still on the hunt for two items. I figured that this would suffice for now and if I happen to get my hands on what I am missing, I will add that to this post. So check back to see if I was successful in finding the missing pieces ;).


This collection released in-store first in North America on the 26th of September and released online on the 30th of September, and remarkably selling out most of the product in 3 hours after their online launch. Same story as their previous online exclusive collection launch of Riri Hearts MAC Summer 2013 collection (consisting of 3 lipsticks, Lustre Drops and one blush/bronzer combo), there was a huge wait time to get through the initial page to make your order. It took me almost an hour and as mentioned - the most anticipated colours had already sold out. This forced me to wait it out to see if they might ever restock (which was unlikely) or try to buy it off of someone on eBay for a ridiculous amount of money. I'm glad I didn't do the latter because a week ago, my MAC store got a few tiny boxes of more product and I was able to score 2 lipsticks, 'Nude' and 'Talk That Talk'!! Woo! Now I am on the hunt for backups of these colours ;).

Without have to elaborate further, I'm sure you get that I'm trying to say that this collection was in CRAZY high demand. I'm lucky to have gotten out of it unscathed and with the majority of the products. I'll go into more detail later as to what I'm missing and why.

So here is the round up of my (almost complete) Riri Heart's MAC Fall 2013 collection along with swatches:



Lipsticks




Nude Matte Lipstick - This is a medium brown gray-tinged, creamy colour with tiny traces of rose in certain lights and a matte finish. I love this colour and I especially think its on trend with the whole 90's inspiration fad that's been hanging around since last spring. I love that I can wear this everyday, and play with the tones using different lip liners. To play up the gray, I use 'Stone' Lip Pencil, to play up the brown and warm tones, I use 'Cork' Lip Pencil. The limits are endless with this one, I especially love that darker skin tones can pull this off without looking chalky!

















RiRi Woo Retro Matte Lipstick - This is a blue toned, bright medium red lipstick with a (super)matte finish. I put the word 'super' in brackets because I feel like the Retro Mattes are the matte-est of the Matte! They're super Matte! I love that I get almost 8 hours of wear with this Retro Matte formula, with very little fading by the 8th hour. This is the red that everyone needs in their lipstick collection. If you have only one red, make sure it's this red (or its twin 'Ruby Woo'). When I tell costumers about this colour, I always like to add that the blue tone makes teeth look whiter. Definite bonus!








Talk That Talk Retro Matte Lipstick - This is a dark burgundy colour with deep berry tones and a matte finish. Again, huge bonus on the wear time with these Retro Matte lipsticks, this one wore on me for 7 hours and 45 mins with the last twenty minutes with noticeable fading and stain. I love, love, love this colour for Fall, and its super pretty on all skin tones. Dark or light, this colour works as long as you have the confidence to wear it like Rihanna would want you to! This is going to be one I will be reaching for a lot this Fall and Winter.
























Who's That Chick? Frost Lipstick - This is a medium vibrant orange, with orange shimmer and a translucent, metallic finish. I typically don't have luck with orange lipsticks - let alone frost finish lipstick, but I picked up this colour mostly to layer on top of others. I like certain colours and lippies, not for the colour on its own, but more for the colour it could be when layered. I love to layer this one on top of pinks to make a nice coral and its actually really nice on top of 'Riri Woo'. Since its a frost, it wore 5 hours on me. So many fun lip recipes to try with this baby!


Here are some more swatches I got from Google.




 Pro Longwear Lip Liner Pencils

                        


RiRi Woo - This is exactly the same tone and colour as the lipstick and lipgloss, a perfect bright red with blue undertones. I love wearing lip liners with reds and dark colours, so this purchase was a must. MAC 'Cherry' Lip Liner is very very close, just a smidgen deeper - but this is a perfect match!





















Talk That Talk - This is exactly the same tone and colour as the lipstick, a deep berry burgundy. I love that I can use this lip liner on its own, with 'Talk That Talk' lipstick and with other MAC colours like 'Diva' and 'Dark Side'. Makes a perfect dark purple pout when matched with the lipstick!




Veluxe Brow Liner


Deep Brunette - I can really go either way with this colour or 'Deep Dark Brunette', but I found that this one matched me just a touch better. I actually got a back up of this one because I've been wanting to switch to this brow pencil for awhile now. I'm just waiting for the shadows that I am currently using in my brow routine to finish first. Well that didn't really work out as planned since I got this baby and still have quite a bit of shadow left before I can break her in. I love that this formula gives a nice soft finish, almost as if you were using shadow but more precise like a pencil. I got 2 because its just so much prettier in this packaging!



Brushes



282SE Duo-Fibre Shader Brush - I had to get this one, I wish it was full sized! But it's so cute that I don't even mind! I love duo-fibre brushes, I just find that they perform the absolute best, so why not get a cute little pink one? It's perfect to fit in my purse or case and I love that its sooo girly! (insert girlish giggle here).

That's it, so far, for my Riri Hearts Mac's Fall 2013 collection. I am still on the hunt for 'Diamond' Creme Blush and 'Bad Girl Gone Good' Blush, not to mention backups of 'Talk That Talk' and 'Nude' Lipsticks. So if you know where a girl can get her hands one some, hook a sister up. I am still on the fence whether to pick up the 'Giga Black Lash' Mascara, 'Riri Woo' Lipglass and the Liquid Last Liner, just because it's all so pretty and I'm kinda anal.



All in all, I loved this collection! The packaging is absolutely beautiful, and that's what initially drew me to this collection, but the colours made me love it. I am not disappointed one bit. I say that because I have read that people are disappointed with this collection, for whatever reason. I think that this is a true interpretation of Rihanna in a makeup collection, that only MAC could possibly do. I truly believe that no other company could have composed a collection so true to RiRi and what she represents. Kudos! I'm super ga-ga over it!


Make sure to check back soon to see if I complete my collection, and for more future MAC Collection Hauls and Swatches, be sure to subscribe to my blog by entering your email in the box at the top of this page. Did you get anything from this collection? Are you loving what you got? Or are you like me, in desperate search to complete your collection? Let me know your thoughts in the comments box below, or email me at makeupmasochist@gmail.com !



For more information on this collection, or to purchase whatever is left, please click on the clink below:

www.maccosmetics.com

Lipstick Swatches are credited to Temptalia.com

You can also follow my blog on Bloglovin' along with all your other favourite bloggers! Simply click on the icon at the top of this page or search my blog on the app and follow! For more makeup looks and posts, follow me on Instagram (@fernonje) and dont forget to tag me #makeupmasochist so I can see what you got from the collection and all your RiRi looks!

The Mission continues... Wish me luck!

xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment